Thursday, August 27, 2009

Safe and Sound

Well I´ve arrived here in Madrid. There is so much to say and I am still processing it all really. Our trip was long and exhausting, but somehow I am awake at 8:30 am (up since 5). We got here at about 8pm Madrid time (11am pst) on thursday, a full 24 hours after leaving Seattle. Stopping over in Copenhagen was my first real "peak" at what Europe might be like. We settled in to the hostel, took showers, and then went out. We ended up eating Italian food (within our comfort zones, haha) and then going to a few bars. People here have been really nice. Giving us directions, helping us with our bags. We were getting lots of cat calls last night, but it seemed like it was more just flirting and not really agression. Everything is super expensive here, and I am still getting used to the Euro and the metric system...

I will have more to say tonight as we are going to el Museo Prado and a big park like central park, and hopefully I will have some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Muey fantastico!
    Don't make fun of my anglo español!
    So jealous, have as much fun as possiblay, haha.

    ReplyDelete